This post will be about the best Emirati Photographer, Maitha Bint Khalid, she is a successful young lady. I knew her via formspring, then twitter and finally we became friends on facebook. Lady Maitha, was kind enough to agree to answer my questions.
Maitha’s awards Masha’Allah : Check the link
Maitha’s Interview :
Tell us a little bit about you?
- I am fascinated by our local culture, traditions and heritage. My inspiration is our country’s future, the future that I do not want to miss out on everything I capture. By my work I am capturing history and culture through an artistic eye for generations to come. I want the coming generations to feel what I feel when taking those pictures, I want them proud of where they come from. My interest in Culture and Heritage extends even to my studies at Zayed University in Dubai where I am majoring in Emirati Studies. Through my studies, I want to support my captures with research and vice versa in order to transfer the physical and the mental picture to our coming generations.
Where is home?
- Between the past & present
Did you go to school to study photography?
- No I don’t
How long have you been a photographer?
- Since childhood but my real start with a pro camera was in 2005
How would you describe your photography style?
- My photography belongs to the classic school of photography. My photos are always simple and 80% of it is Black & White. Majoring in Falconry photography, wildlife and nature. In addition to everything related to the Emirati Culture like: (traditions, architecture … )
What type of cameras do you shoot with?
- I use Nikon D3
How important is an awesome website for your business?
- Many people buy my photos through my personal website
If not a photographer. What would you have been?
- Interior designer
I’ve learned the most from…
- The every photo full of art
What are your favorites shots?
- All my photos are my favorites
Back to fashion :
What’s your favorite brand of shoes/clothes & make up?
- Shoes: Christian Dior
- Clothes: any brand that I can find myself in
- Make up: Bobbi brown & Guerlain
Who are your favorites designers?
- Chanel, Zuhair Murad, Elli Saab & Micheal Sinco
What is your favorite parfum?
- Estee Lauder – Private Collection
In which country you like to shop?
- Dubai & London
What are your fashion idols?
- I don’t usually follow fashion I make my own fashion & wear what suits me
Who helps you to shoose your clothes?
- Me & Myself
What we can find in your hand bag?
- Wallet, Phone, Ipod, notebook, pen, perfume and a lipstick