- What is the best moment of the day?
- Do you read design magazines?
No, I like to browse fashion sites and get some inspiration.
- In your earlier years, how did you decide that you eventually wanted to become a designer?
Actually,I never thought of becoming a kaftan designer. It is when i arrived to Dubai and started missing my family, and our Moroccan culture and tradition. I missed our wonderful weddings where the ladies wear the most beautiful caftans. I wanted to share this part of our culture to the fashion minded ladies here in the Middle East.
- What did your friends/family think when they saw your designs and original creations?
Well my parents and friends back home were amazed and very proud. They actually expected me to work in a big multinational company because of my studies. My friends encourage me every single day.
- Who is your inspiration?
My parents, without their support and love throughout my life I wouldn’t be the person I am now.
- How do you put your chosen colors together?
It comes naturally. As you can see in my collection, I like to use soft or basic colors and for me simplicity comes first. It makes the dress and the lady wearing it elegant.
- When you create something, what goes through your mind?
I get excited and want to see it as quickly as possible in real.
- You serve a wide range of colors and designs; when a woman is looking for something suitable to wear, how should they choose the outfit most suitable for them?
I believe that the kaftan suits every woman, no matter what the design is. ( I just love Kaftans!)
- Does the preparation of a season’s collection take time?
Yes, around 3 to 4 months.
- How do you intend women to feel when wearing Amraoui clothing?
I want them to feel special and elegant knowing that the dresses are made with a lot of care.
To know more about your style :
- What’s your favorite brand of shoes/clothes & make up?
Haha,I am a very simple girl, no crazy shoe or clothes fanatic. Make up differs from time to time, usually YSL or Clinique.
- Who are your favorite designers?
Amine Mrani and Zahra Yaagoubi
- What is your favorite perfume?
- In which country you like to shop?
- Who are your fashion idols?
No one in particular.
- Who helps you to choose your clothes?
No one, I love shopping on my own.
- What we can find in your hand bag?
I like order, so I don’t carry that much with me. Essentials like keys, wallet and phone.
As you can see, Amraoui Couture offers you a wide choice of creations of modern and classical Caftans, designed by Laila Amraoui and handmade by artisans (m3almin).
Thank you for reading ~A ~Xoxo