Please give us a brief bio, where you are from and how you started in this field?
- My Name is Khawla Darwish, I am from the United Arab Emirates, I was born and raised in DUBAI, studied at Dubai National School and graduated from Zayed University Dubai campus.I started drawing since i was little, and I knew this is what I wanted to do when I was in the university.
When did you first discover your creative talents?
- As a child I always used to draw cartoon characters, and I wanted to be an artist.
Could you tell us about some of your work?
- My work is always about an experience that I went through,I always create artworks that talk to the viewer and has a message behind it.
What inspires you to keep going and how do you keep yourself motivated?
- As my work stems from personal experiences, everything around me inspires me in my daily life.
How will you describe your style?
- My style is mostly interactive, where I like my viewer to be active and not passive AKA part of my artwork.
Any influences or anyone you look up to when it comes to painting?
- The well-known artist AbdulQader Al Rais
Describe yourself in 5 words.
Lastly, any words of advice for aspiring artists?
- Always follow your dreams and believe in yourself and your talent.
I would like to know more about your fashion taste :
What’s your favorite brand of shoes/clothes & make up?
- shoes: Carolina Herrera + Gena
- Clothes: no specific shop but I like casual clothes.
- Makeup: MAC, Max Factor & Giorgio Armani
Who are your favorite designers?
- Betsey Johnson
- Marc Jacobs
What is your favorite perfume?
- Hypnos by Lancôme
In which country you like to shop?
Who helps you to choose your clothes?
What we can find in your hand bag?
- Sketch Book + Drawing pencil
- Makeup bag
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand cream
- Jelly Beans
Follow Khawla on twitter : @KhawlaDarwish